Pages

Friday 5 September 2014

Good Omens on Radio 4

It's just been announced earlier today (September 5th) that BBC Radio 4 are going to follow up their successful dramatisation of Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere' with an adaptation of his and Terry Pratchett's 'Good Omens'.

I absolutely adore 'Good Omens'. First time I read it I laughed so hard that I honestly thought I'd damaged my throat at one point.  The BBC have always been top notch at radio plays - if you at all doubt me on this go and check out the Sherlock Holmes series they did with Clive Merrison and Michael Williams for a masterclass of the genre - and with a cast like the one announced this should be a real treat.

more info at the link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/r4-good-omens

2 comments:

  1. Yay, good news this! Did you catch the adaptation of Neverwhere, with Cucumberbumbatch, Anthony Head, Christopher Lee, et al in the cast? Was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh. I always thought Neverwhere was his weakest book so I didn;t bother. I grabbed a copy yesterday though so I can check it out sometime soon.

      Delete