Pages

Thursday 2 February 2017

Burnt Offerings: The Cult of the Wicker Man

It's hard to imagine there are many people reading this who are not, at the very least, familiar with the cinematic glory that is The Wicker Man.  For me it was the film that, thanks to a screening as part of the 'Moviedrome' series, brought the teenage me back to my first love of British horror after having strayed into the hyperactive, technicolour splatters of the US varieties.  It's a film I've watched more times than I care to imagine.  I spent much of the late 80s and well into the nineties evangelising it to anyone who would listen and oh the days of joy when the Directors Cut DVD arrived or when Trunk Records released the soundtrack.

It's been a few years now since I sat down for a rewatch and I think I'd like to wait a little longer yet until the craving becomes too strong to ignore. In the meantime I was hunting out some behind the scenes stuff and came across this Mark Kermode documentary from the 2013 'Final Cut' Blu-ray that features contributions from the key participants many of whom have since left us.  It's an interesting watch and well worth an hour of your time.



If you wish to get your own copy of the film and support both it's creators and Wyrd Britain then we'd love it if you'd buy it using this link - Wicker Man - 3-Disc 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray]

No comments:

Post a Comment